Sunday, February 21, 2016

Dog Treat Review – Plato Pet Treats

I’ve noticed that my dogs have become bored with their treats, so I decided to change it up and purchase a new treat for them to test out. The treats that I chose to give a trial run are made by Plato Pet Treats and are called ‘Real Strips'.  The flavor I chose was turkey cranberry.  You can click the hyperlink to check them out! Here is what I liked about the treats:

They are a single source protein – if you have a sensitive dog like me, it’s best to stay single source protein as it helps eliminate digestive and skin issues that are related to food allergies


-Over 90% of the treats are the protein source (the treats I tried were turkey, so 90% turkey)

-They are FREE of added sugars, artificial preservatives, by-products, artificial colors, protein-meals, soy, wheat, corn, fillers, and freeze-drying

-They are made with real cranberries which aid in digestion for our canine friends

-Made in the USA (food products made in the US are generally safer than other foreign countries & it supports our country’s economy)


I would have to say that this treat selection was a success for me! My dogs loved them and were begging for more. This is a big deal for me because I have not one, but two picky eaters, so finding something that both of them enjoy can be difficult. Besides my dogs enjoying them, I was glad to find out that no upset tummies or stinky doggie business resulted from these treats! I definitely feel better giving them these treats as they are not only tasty, but healthy as well. If your dog is allergic to turkey or just doesn’t like it, there are many other flavors to choose from, such as chicken or salmon. Also, besides ‘Real Strips,’ Plato Pet Treats offers many more healthy and delicious options! I encourage you to check them out and give them a chance with your precious pooch!

Source: Plato's Pet Treats

Disclaimer: I am not a veterinary professional, all advice is from my personal research. Always consult your vet about food options for your pet. 



8 comments:

  1. As a beagle owner I am always looking for healthy treats. Thanks for the tip.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked the post! Finding healthy and yummy treats can be a tough feat! Hope your beagle enjoys!

      Delete
  2. These treats are still a favorite with my dogs several weeks after my original posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These treats look like something my bulldog, luigi, would love. He suffers from a lot of allergies, from food all the way to jsut plain old grass. We are always trying to find different dog food and treats that work for him and his strict diet that he actually likes. Will have to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully these treats will work out for him! Allergies and strict diets can be tough!

      Delete
  4. I will have to look in to getting these! Mostly everything our dogs eat is grain-free. I have a yorkie-poo and a bichon-poo and both have sensitive stomachs. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara! We are mainly grain-free too because of sensitive tummies. Hopefully these will workout for your fur babies!

      Delete